If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Italian food and dreamed up this concoction when I was in the mood for something like pizza. This is like an inside out pizza. - jane mcmillan
The sandwich part
- 1 tube of Pillsbury french bread
- 4 ounces martadella, sliced thin
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup each green and red bell peppers
- 5 ounces thinly sliced fresh motzarella
- 1 small jar pizza sauce. You will use 4 tablespoons for the sandwich, the rest for dipping.
- 4 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 dash each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated asagio cheese
- line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray with non stick spray. This will make clean up so easy for you.
- Open up the tube of french bread, it has a seam. Pat and stretch to 9x13 inches.
- Layer the filling in this order: mortadella, pepperoni, green pepper, motzarella cheese, red pepper, pizza sauce, salami. But do not layer over whole dough. Only layer over half of the dough. When you have layered, fold the plain side over the filled side, and press to close
- Now for the topping. Mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Cut 6 slits on the top of sandwich, and brush with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle with the asaigo cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown Heat the remainder of the pizza sauce in the microwave for a minute to use for dipping.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Tags: comfort food