If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great summertime appetizer but can be enjoyed anytime of the year. Even my kids love it! —MelissaLeinart
Serves 4 to 6
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- 1 dash Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Loaf of Italian Bread
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 piece Garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 fresh tomato
- Slice Mozarella into 1/4 inch slices
- Place 1 bunch fresh basil, dash of ground black pepper and 1 piece of garlic, smashed and chopped and Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Slice the Italian bread into 1 inch pieces, spread softened butter on each piece of bread and bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes until toasted.
- Apply slices of mozzarella on the pieces of bread.
- Slice tomato and place one slice on each piece of bread.
- Drizzle the top with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle black pepper over the top. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
What and where to eat on Maryland's eastern shore
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Transform the humble shoebox.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Summer, please don't go.
Get your shine on.