If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can vary this anyway you want adding anything from meats to veggies depending on what's fresh and in the fridge. It's easy & healthy —smidkiff0907
Makes 1 sandwich
- 1 Loaf of Artisan or Chibata Bread
- 2 Ripe Tomatos
- 1 Mozzarella Ball (2 if they are small)
- 4-6 tablespoons Pesto
- 4-8 Fresh Roasted Garlic Cloves
- Salt & Pepper
- 6-8 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Cut the bread into sandwich size pieces about 2-3" long, then slice them in half so you have a top and bottom
- Wash & Slice your tomato
- Slice the Mozzarella
- Spread 2-3 of the roasted garlic cloves on one side of the bread
- Spread Pesto on the other side of the bread
- On the bottom slice of the bread, layer 2-3 slices of tomato on the bread and sprinkle with salt & pepper lightly.
- place some fresh basil leaves on top of the tomato
- layer the mozzarella cheese on top of the basil & tomato
- add more basil if you like
- Put the top layer of bread on the sandwich
- Preheat a Panini Maker to the medium setting
- Once ready carefully place the sandwich on the panini maker and close the lid
- Cook the sandwich until the cheese starts to melt or the bread is done to you liking.
- Remove the sandwich from the maker, slice and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.