If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When tomatoes are fresh and the weather is hot, this slight twist on a old favorite hits the spot. You just can't beat the peach-balsamic, and the presentation is as impressive as it is simple. - belevy
- 1 red vine-ripe tomato
- 1 yellow vine-ripe tomato
- 1 orange vine-ripe tomato
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 12 splashes peach-balsamic vinegar
- 1 baguette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash tomatoes and basil leaves, and pat dry.
- Cut each tomato into 4 equal slices.
- Cut the ball of mozzarella into 12 equal slices.
- Cut 12 medallion slices off the baguette so that each slice is about 1/2" thick and about 3 inches wide.
- Toast baguette slices in the hot oven for about 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Top each baguette slice with a slice of tomato, a basil leaf and a slice of mozzarella, in that order so that the mozzarella is on top.
- Arrange the adorned baguette slices into rows of each color, and drizzle peach-balsamic vinegar on top of each.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking