If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to follow a typical potato gratin recipe for many years. Then one day, I was out of potatoes. Plus, I was following a more stricter all natural diet and lower carbohydrate diet and I had zucchini on hand. Since this inception of the recipe, I have tried many variations of the recipe. This particular recipe is a fantastic variation. Tomatoes or another vegetable could be substituted for the mushrooms if not preferred. —amrecipes
- 5 medium Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1/2 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat free, organic sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups organic skim milk
- 2 cups sliced baby bella or white mushrooms
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 8 ounces block fresh organic mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, simmer Parmesan and Asiago cheese, onions, garlic, rosemary, pepper, milk and sour cream for approx. 7 to 8 minutes. Stirring occasionally, until onions are almost translucent.
- In casserole dish, layer half zucchini slices, then half mushrooms and bell pepper. Pour in half onion and cream mixture; distributing onion evenly. Layer half slices of mozzarella. Repeat layers ending with a final layer of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a golden crust has formed on top and the casserole is bubbling. Let sit for 10 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.