If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: summer tomatoes from the garden and fresh mozzarella were my inspiration - ms.miller
- 1 packet refrigerated pie crust
- remove pie crust from package, and roll out onto flat surface. with a round cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds from each pie crust and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Cook according to package instructions, or until lightly golden.Remove from oven and cool round on a cookie rack.
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 rounds of fresh mozzarella
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- slice tomatoes 1/4" and layer with paper towels to absorb some of the moisture, set aside. ( 24 slices) Then slice basil in small slivers that look about like a toothpick in length and width and set aside. Lastly slice mozzarella in to 1/4" rounds, no bigger than the pie rounds, 24 slices.
- Assembly. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree's, layer each pie round with one slice of mozz, one tomato, and then a pinch of basil, a pinch of kosher salt and a dash of fresh pepper, lastly slightly drizzle the olive oil on top, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook until the mozzarella starts to melt, roughly 8 minutes. Serve while warm and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella