Author Notes: summer tomatoes from the garden and fresh mozzarella were my inspiration - ms.miller
- 1 packet refrigerated pie crust
- remove pie crust from package, and roll out onto flat surface. with a round cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds from each pie crust and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Cook according to package instructions, or until lightly golden.Remove from oven and cool round on a cookie rack.
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 rounds of fresh mozzarella
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- slice tomatoes 1/4" and layer with paper towels to absorb some of the moisture, set aside. ( 24 slices) Then slice basil in small slivers that look about like a toothpick in length and width and set aside. Lastly slice mozzarella in to 1/4" rounds, no bigger than the pie rounds, 24 slices.
- Assembly. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree's, layer each pie round with one slice of mozz, one tomato, and then a pinch of basil, a pinch of kosher salt and a dash of fresh pepper, lastly slightly drizzle the olive oil on top, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook until the mozzarella starts to melt, roughly 8 minutes. Serve while warm and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella