If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The flavors and textures in this salad are beautiful. Because the beets are roasted and served cold, this is a great dish for a dinner party. The beets can easily be roasted ahead of time (just make sure that if you use different colored beets that you store them separately so they don’t bleed on each other.) When beets are roasted, they become sweet and candy-like. I love the flavor and their velvety texture. Beets are so underrated!
The addition of crunchy pecans, salty parmesan cheese shavings, and bright cilantro are perfect atop sliced beets. Cilantro may sound a bit strange, but the flavor is pleasantly fresh and citrusy combined with the rich, roasted beets. Not to mention the bright green is a beautiful contrast to the deep red and cheery golden color of the beets. —Rachael White
- 1 1/2-2 pounds beets, golden & red
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup shaves parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt & black pepper
- Cut the greens off of the beets and trim the skinny root ends.
- Clean the beets thoroughly under cold water until the dirt is completely removed. Dry the beets with a paper towel. *Leave the skin on the beets! It is really simple to remove after they are roasted.
- Line a baking dish with tin foil and fill with 1/3 cup water.
- Place the beets in the pan, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the beets in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender when a knife is inserted in the center. The time may vary depending on the size of the beets. Smaller beets may only need about 30 minutes to roast.
- Remove the beets and allow to cool until they are easy to handle.
- To peel the beets, take a dry paper towel and gently rub the outside of the beets until the skin is completely removed.
- Cut the beets in 1/4 inch thick slices and arrange on a serving platter. (If you plan to serve at a later time, store in the refrigerator in separate containers if using different colored beets. Store up to 2 days).
- After arranging the beets, top with the pecans, cilantro and cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with sea salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Yello There, Yakitori
A menu that's everything and more
A menu that has it all.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.
We give it 8 tentacles up.