If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A variation on the old standard dessert - Peaches Melba. This recipe - my own made-up - uses mozzarella.I like it as a fruite/cheese course instead of dessert on hot days but its also great side salad.Great picnic salad - travels well. —Bon Chocolat
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 4 peaches
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 cup dry white wine - try sauvignon blanc
- 1 bunch field greens
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- combine wine, cup water, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan.Bring to slow simmer.
- split peaches in half, add to saucepan.Simmer until soft but will hold shape, about 6 minutes. Keep close eye so it doesn't scorch.
- remove peaches with a slotted spoon and allow to cool
- meanwhile, rinse and sort raspberries. when peaches are removed from sauce pan, add 2/3 c berries. Cook barely 4 minutes so juices burst - stir well.
- Allow berry syrup to cool slightly then process. Strain seeds if you wish.
- Mix olive oil, salt, one sprig of mint, finely chopped, vinegar and 1/2 of syrup.
- Lay field greens on plates. Arrange mozzarella and peachs. Drizzle with dressing freely. Use remaining berries and mint sprig to add color and texture to each plate. Serve with a soft prosceco.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
The Best Thing since Sliced Bread
Crispy cheese has our hearts
We are in love—with this toast.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.