If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If the Butter Burger had an Italian cousin….Well, this was dinner tonight. It was pretty darn good. You gotta try burrata. It’s really indescribably delicious. Now I’m hooked, thanks to several of you. ;-) I found my burrata at Plum Plum’s Cheese Shop in Pound Ridge, NY. You can find my recipe for basil emulsion in the food52 archives. —mrslarkin
- 1 1/2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 4 large hamburger buns, insides brushed with butter and lightly toasted on the grill
- 4 leaves of green leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 ball burrata, cut into 8 slices, drizzled with olive oil if desired
- 1/4 cup basil emulsion or pesto
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- fresh basil leaves
- Heat grill or ridged grill pan to medium-high. Lightly toast your buns. Have all your burger ingredients ready for assembly on your counter or table, except for beef.
- Form ground beef into 4 patties. Don't pack the meat, or handle it too much. Use a light hand for the best juicy burger results. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to your taste.
- Place one lettuce leaf on bottom bun, trimmed to fit.
- Place burger on next.
- Top with two slices of burrata.
- Next, a schmear or drizzle of basil emulsion/pesto…
- Followed by a slice of tomato…
- And a basil leaf or two or three.
- Maybe a little more basil emulsion/pesto on inside of top bun, if you like. Close it up. Grab a bunch of napkins - it might get messy. Buon appetito!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
Independence Day, the frozen dessert way
Ice cream, cookies, and independence.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.