If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ricotta goes so well with scrambles eggs in this recipe. yard eggs and fresh homemade ricotta are the best, but store-bought works perfectly well. it's easy and quick, perfect with toasted baguette slices. - katie b
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 8 slices toasted, buttered baguette
- whisk eggs, chopped chives, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl until well blended. melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. when foam subsides, add eggs and stir until eggs are almost cooked but still runny in parts, tilting skillet and stirring with spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath, about 2 minutes. remove from heat. add ricotta and stir just until incorporated but clumps of cheese are still visible.
- arrange 2 baguette slices on each of 2 plates. spoon scrambled eggs atop toasts. sprinkle with salt and pepper. garnish with whole chives, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.