If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A couple of weeks ago I went to a cooking class at Il Fornaio restaurant in the Tech Center. It was a lot of fun and the food was tasty, as usual. The chef prepared a dessert using fresh peaches. It was decadent and delicious. Given the fact it's peach season here and I haven't made anything with peaches recently, I was inspired to make something a bit decadent as well. With the help of my 14-year-old, this cake and sauce were the result. It was still slightly warm when I served it... yummy! Hope you enjoy it too. —bwitsell
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 -1/2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups peaches, peeled & diced
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a Bundt pan sprinkled with sugar and set aside. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Using mixer, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. In small bowl, blend flour, soda and salt, mixing well. In small batches, beat flour into butter/egg mixture, alternating with Ricotta cheese and sour cream. Mix until well blended. Gently fold in diced peaches, mixing well. Carefully pour into prepared pan. Bake in oven approximately 60 minutes, or until done.
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 peaches, peeled & sliced
- 1/2- 3/4 cups Innocent Bystander Pink Moscato
- Place first four ingredients in medium-sized bowl. Using mixer, blend until light and smooth. Set aside. Place peaches in separate bowl and pour Moscato over the top, mixing well. Let sit at least 30 minutes, longer if you have time. When ready to serve cake, add peaches to the Marscarpone mixture. Stir well. Serve on top of sliced cake.
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.