If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother in law has a cherry tree and every year she makes this sauce and sends it to all her daughters. - pauljoseph
Serves 3 cups, approximately
- 4 cups Cherry chopped
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger(chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated nutmeg
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Water
- Place chopped cherry in a pan with all the other ingredients and leave aside covered for 60 mins.
- Bring the mixture to boil and let it bubble gently on low heat for 40 mins.
- Keep stirring in between.
- When you have a thick gravy, remove from pan and sieve it.
- Return the sauce to the pan and bring back to boil.
- Turn down to simmer and reduce it to a rich, thick sauce.
- The sauce can be cooled and stored in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries