If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: saw the original recipe online when looking for sauces, made some modifications to dial down the sweetness and bring out more fresh cherry taste. I like spicy, tart sauces, but this can be modified by adding agave syrup or honey - or by using a sweeter juice than the recipe indicates. If you stick with the 2 main ingredients - cherries and chipotles in adobo, you can adjust everything else to your particular taste. I use this on pork, chicken and also grilled veggies. —pattycake
Makes 1 cup sauce
- 1 cup sweet cherries, chopped & pitted
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (can substitute vegetable broth)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sweet cherry juice (can use pomegranate or to make a tart sauce, use tart cherry juice)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chipotle and adobo sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated allspice
- Stir all ingredients together and transfer to a large zippered plastic bag. (as marinade)
- add chicken, pork or veggies. coat and refrigerate - meat for 2 hours or more(overnight), veggies about 30 minutes to an hour.
- remove meat or veggies and grill.
- take marinade and put into a medium skillet and bring to a boil
- simmer about 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half and starts to thicken
- serve the sauce on the side with the grilled items.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Yes, You (Beer) Can
The trials, tribulations, and success of a tricky chicken
The invincible beer can chicken.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.