- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pound sweet potatoes, julienned or coarsely grated (about 5-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts pieces or unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions (green onions)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted seasme oil
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, sugar, ginger and salt.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, walnuts and scallions.
- Transfer half of mixture (about 2 cups) to covered container; refrigerate overnight.
- In bowl, combine refrigerated sweet potato slaw, chicken, hoisin sauce and toasted sesame oil.
- Serve over bed of mixed greens, if desired.