If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (1 large clove)
- 1 pound ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or herbes de Provence, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black peper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil a 6 to 8 cup shallow baking dish.
- Pierce sweet potato skins; microwave until tender, about 4 to 6 minutes; cool.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook and stir until it just begins to brown.
- Stir in tomato sauce, Worcestershire, 1 teaspoon of the thyme and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Transfer to baking dish; spread evenly.
- Scoop sweet potato from skins into medium bowl; add butter, milk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- With electric beater, beat until smooth; spread over meat in baking dish.
- Bake until bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Seven of the best things we read this week.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.
Wildcard Winner Recap