If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe for my son who has many food allergies. It is simple and delicious, fast and healthy! I like to sweeten with honey as it is a monosacharide; however, you could use 1/2 cup sugar in the mix if you prefer. —Marcia V.
Serves 4 - 6
- 4 cups pitted cherries
- 2 peeled pears
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1 tablespoon allergen free vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Seed pears, and chop them into small chunks. Place in bowl with pitted cherries. Add vanilla and salt. Toss mixture and set aside for 10 minutes so they can get to know each other.
- In a separate bowl, mix ground nuts together.
- Add 1/2 cup of nut mixture to the fruit mixture. Then fold in 1/2 cup honey.
- Fill individual baking dishes with fruit mixture. Sprinkle the remains of the nut mixture atop each portion, then drizzle honey over the top of the nut mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cobbler rest for at least 5 minutes. Serve hot or cold, alone or with your favorite ice cream. (Coconut milk vanilla will work for many on a special diet)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.