If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crepes are my go-to, quick fill when I'm craving carbs. They can be filled with anything and everything-savory, sweet, your mind is your limit (as one of my favorite instructors used to say). Cherries remind me of going to the summer lake in Russia, when I was very young. This was an annual tradition with family and friends. All the girls used to make cherry earrings-by searching for two cherries which were attached at the stem, and hanging them over our ears! This is a great summer treat-try substituting buckwheat flour for half of the AP flour. Alternatively, use whole wheat flour, in which case you'll need to add a bit more milk (or water) to make the batter the right consistency. - Mariya
Serves 8 crepes
For the Crepes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (plus 1.5 t for the filling)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (plus 1 t for the filling)
- cooking spray
For the Filling
- 2 cups fresh cherries (~12 oz)
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 2 t sugar
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, 1 t cinnamon, and 1 t nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well (the batter should be the consistency of eggnog).
- Heat a small, non-stick pan (~7.5 in) over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a ~2 oz ladle, pour batter into pan and swirl it around, so it coats the entire pan; cook ~40 seconds per side (flipping once); remove crepe and repeat with remaining batter.
- Pit the cherries using a cherry pitter. If you don't have one-no worries! Use a small pastry tip (I used #802-it's written on the tip)-put it on your index finger and press the pointed end into the cherry-the pit will pop right out of the back!
- Add cherries, vinegar, sugar, 1.5 t cinnamon, and 1 t nutmeg, to a small sauce pan, over medium heat; reduce the vinegar-slowly (you may have to turn the heat down to medium-low or low), until it thickens; remove from heat.
- Add the cherry mixture to the ricotta, reserving 8 of the cherries for garnish. Fill each crepe with the ricotta mixture and roll the crepes up; top with reserved cherries and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.