If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh sweet cherries make these chilled little dessert puffs the ultimate summer dessert. Make the puffs and the filling a day in advance then fill as needed. Chopped nuts may be added to the filling if desired. —mshivers60
Serves 3 dozen
- 1 can non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup (about 7 oz. unpitted) pitted and finely chopped fresh sweet cherries, drained
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring butter, salt, and water to a boil in 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in flour.
- Remove from heat and beat on low speed until mixture pulls away from edge of pan. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes more until dry. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for filling, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl on low speed until smooth. Beat in marshmallow crème and extract. Fold in whipped cream. Chill for 1 hour or until serving time.
- Just before serving, stir cherries into filling mixture. Cut a slit in the side of each cooled puff and fill with filling mixture. Serve immediately. Makes 3 dozen.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.