If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: I adore summer because of the abundance of cherries. I love their texture and sweet taste. I also love bread pudding and creating recipe that has complex taste. This bread pudding is a wonderful way to enjoy a bite of summer. - allbelle
- 6 cups stale Italian bread - crusts removed and cubed
- 5 extra large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 3/4 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 2 cups bing cherries, pitted and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with butter spray.
- Beat eggs and sugar in bowl. Add vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix in half and half and amaretto.
- Place bread in baking dish; top with 1 cup of chopped cherries. Combine cream cheese and brown sugar; mix well.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by teaspoonfuls over cherries and bread; sprinkle with remaining chopped cherries.
- Pour egg mixture into baking dish. Let sit for 5 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. .
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries