If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Earthy beets and sweet cherries from my garden challenged me to create a dish that would have a complexity of flavors and textures. - REC
- 8 red beets,2 1/2 inches in diameter,scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped mint
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted sweet cherries
- garnish watercress sprigs
- Combine the beets and oil in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass baking dish;toss to coat, then bake at 450 degrees uncovered 1 hour or till tender.
- Cool the beets slightly before peeling, then cut each beet into quarters and place them in a shallow serving dish.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, onion, mint, sesame seeds, sumac, zest and salt till well mixed, then fold in the cherries.
- Spoon the cherry topping over the beets, garnish with the watercress and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Tags: Side Dishes
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce