Author Notes: This is a variation on the bowle recipes that I have been experimenting with this week. Instead of a white wine, here I am using a rose. When I first made this I used kirsch, but have switched to a rum instead. - Sagegreen
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 large white peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pound Rainier yellow cherries, pitted
- 1/8 cup organic cane sugar, to taste
- 2 teaspoons peeled, grated ginger
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 2 ounces light rum
- 750 ml bottle of "rosey" rose wine
- 10-12 ice cubes
- sprigs of pineapple sage, lemon verbena or spearmint
- In a large glass pitcher (with a cover) add all the fruits. Sprinkle with sugar. Stir in the ginger.
- Pour in the wine. Swizzle in some bruised herbal sprigs, but reserve some for garnish.
- Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Add ice, and serve in wide-brimmed wine glasses with some of the fruit. Use cocktail spears or tooth picks to enjoy eating the fruit. Garnish with your choice of herbal sprig.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries