Author Notes: This cocktail was created out of impatience to taste my first homemade sorbet ice. So impatience sometimes does pay off…
With these tropical temperatures I thought to make some nice sorbet in my new freezer. A whole new world opened for me now that I have one. It took way to long for the entire bucket to freeze so I decided to use the half frozen sorbet, add a bit of white rum, a spoon and voila! A beautiful cocktail…
- Janneke Verheij
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 honey melon
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- Combine the water, sugar and molasses in a sauce pan. Warm until the sugar is dissolved and set aside to cool down.
- Make the melon into puree and add it to the syrup. Cut the mint leaves small and stir them into the mixture as well.
- Put it in the freezer and try to stir after half an hour and after an hour.
- Wait until the sorbet freeze. Put some of the half frozen or frozen sorbet in a glass, pour a little rum on it and serve with a little spoon. Proost!