If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a healthy drink made with the juice of the bitter schizandra berry and the naturally sweet cherry. I have the good fortune of living in Amherst where Mr. Chang has been offering wonderful drinks, as well as his legendary farm fresh vegetables at his restaurant, Amherst Chinese. Thirty years ago I used to order hawthorn juice there. Eventually, he started offering "sandra berrry " juice at the restaurant. Then he started selling the plant at our Farmer's Market. Now you can buy his certified organic slightly sweetened schizandra berry (bottled in the U.S.) commercially! Add the decadently sweet juice of the cherry to this, and you are in the healthy land of bliss. I do like to add a splash of lemon as well, sometimes fresh ginger. You can serve this over ice if you like, but I prefer it without. If you feel a cold coming on, I swear by the benefits of Mr. Chang's drink. My shopkeeper today told me Mr. Chang is now in his nineties, but he looks about 50! The drink is billed as one which supports longevity and vitality. I believe it. ChiBerry comes as a concentrate. Just add your own fresh sweet cherry juice and you get the happiness factor. The color says it all. —Sagegreen
- 1.5 ounces ChiBerry juice
- 1.5 ounces filtered water
- 1.5 ounces fresh squeezed sweet cherry juice
- splash of fresh lemon juice
- garnish: kiwi
- crushed ice is optional
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger for optional added zest
- Mix all three equal parts of the ChiBerry, water, and cherry juice together. Add the splash of fresh lemon and ginger if you like.
- Serve over crushed ice if desired. Garnish with kiwi. To your health!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.