If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this dish because I love to feed my daughter healthy and creative foods. She loves cherries, chicken, brocolli and pasta, so I made one our of favorite recipes using cherries. It was awesome! She's four years old by the way :) Tough to get children to eat nutritious foods, but not in this house (we cook together). - Jenna Therese
- 1 cup Rigatoni, Fusili or Rotini Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Circular Sliced Carrots
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cherries Halved
- 1 tablespoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- 3/4 cups Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 10 ounces Cooked Chicken Strips
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Strips
- Cook pasta according to package directions reserving 1 cup cooking water before draining.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add vegetables and chicken strips, saute 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3-4 minutes until vegetable are tender.
- Toss with drained pasta, parmesan cheese, fresh basil and cherries, using reserved cooking water as needed.
- Sprinkle extra Parmesan Cheese over Prepared Meal, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries