If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just experimenting with salads and fresh cherries. I think nuts and cheese round out the cherry in a salad. Add just a hint of anchovy for depth. I am trying to play up the strong complementary colors here along with the contrast of textures and tastes. At the same time I am trying to keep this simple and easy. This is a small portion size given here, which you can easily multiply. - Sagegreen
- 1 ounce champagne vinegar
- 2 ounces EVOO
- any reserve juice from pitting the cherries
- 1 tablespoon tart cherry jam
- 1/8 teaspoon dijon mustard
- one tiny babyfingernail sized piece of anchovy
- zest of lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Smoosh the tiny anchovy piece up with the olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a shaker. Use about 2-3 tbl. per serving.
The cherry salad
- several torn red lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted sweet red cherries
- 1/2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 ounce pecan halves
- 2 ounces Bulgarian sheep's feta cheese
- 3 tiny fingernail size anchovy pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley chopped
- juice of a 1/2 lemon
- Line the serving bowl with the lettuce leaves.
- Add all of the ingredients on top.
- Toss gently with 2-3 tbl. of the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.