If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you have always wanted to try making sherbet at home but haven't wanted to invest in an ice-cream maker, give this recipe a try. The marscarpone gives the sherbet a smooth creaminess that is still light and fresh. Sweet cherry flavor with hints of mint and lemon are the definition of refreshingly delicious. The combination of dark chocolate and balsamic vinegar melt into a rich, dense sauce that perfectly compliments the cherry marscarpone sherbet when drizzled over it. - Garden Gate Kate
Serves 4 to 6
Cherry Mascarpone Sherbet
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cherries, stemmed and pitted
- plus 1 cup cherries, stemmed, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
Dark Chocolate Balsamic Syrup
- 4 ounces premium dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Place 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, mint, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a light boil and simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 5minutes. Strain the mint from the simple syrup.
- In a food processor, place cherries with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Puree. Add the mascarpone, lemon juice, and salt and process until combined. Add the mint syrup and combine. Pour the cherry mixture into an 8 by 8-inch glass dish. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. The cherry sherbet will take about 4 hours to freeze.
- For dark chocolate balsamic sauce: Place dark chocolate, half and half, dark brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Let the sauce cool completely.
- To serve, place a few tablespoons of chopped cherries in bottom of bowl. Spoon the cherry sherbet over the cherries. Drizzle with the dark chocolate balsamic sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.