If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my version of a cake my mother used to make with canned cherries. - MES
Makes 9 inch cake
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- pinch salt
- 2 cups pitted, halved cherries
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Proof yeast in warm water with pinch of sugar. Let stand 10 minutes
- Combine milk sugar, oil, egg and salt. Add yeast and flour. Beat well until batter is smooth.
- Grease 9 inch springform pan and spread batter in it, cover with plastic and let rest about 30 min. until rises slightly. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make crumb topping: combine melted butter, flour and sugar.
- When batter has risen slightly, spread cherries over it. Top with crumb topping and bake 40-45 min. until slightly colored and cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan
- Glaze: 1/2 C confectioners' sugar + 1/2T milk. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Stop the soap opera.