If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I learned to make these from a dear friend who was a retired maître d' at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. They're one of those "get the kids to come visit" dishes...they'll summon my girls from miles away and pursuits unknown. With a grilled pork chop and some potato salad, they make a quintessential Southern meal. —Kayb
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients and let sit on counter for 20 minutes or so. This will allow liquid to leach out of grated zucchini. Stir batter again to incorporate that liquid.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a heavy skillet. Dip batter into oil about 1/4 cup at a time; fry 2-3 minutes, until golden brown, then flip and repeat. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.