Author Notes: Made this for my boyfriend's birthday party. A huge hit! Also great with yellow or other summer squashes and eggplant. - texasdaisy
- 2 zucchinis
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 sprigs fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cups mozzarella
- Wash zucchini and cut into 1/4" slices.
- Cook onion in oil.
- Add zucchini and cook slowly for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Turn into greased baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Garnish with additional basil and fresh grated parmesan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe