If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made this for my boyfriend's birthday party. A huge hit! Also great with yellow or other summer squashes and eggplant. —texasdaisy
- 2 zucchinis
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 sprigs fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup mozzarella
- Wash zucchini and cut into 1/4" slices.
- Cook onion in oil.
- Add zucchini and cook slowly for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Turn into greased baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Garnish with additional basil and fresh grated parmesan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.