If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is so yummy in a bread bowl with a green salad... Every time I make this it tastes better and better. —Shanti
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 potato, diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine onion, celery, garlic and apple juice in a large soup pot. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add squash, potato, stock, bay leaf, thyme, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the soup pot from heat, squash and potatoes should be very soft. Working in batches, puree the soup with the evaporated skimmed milk in a blender or food processor. Reheat gently. Add salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.