If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found the cheese in a local market and thought it would go well with eggs, which it did. —caseyhettrick
- 4 extra large Eggs
- 1 small Shallot
- 1 teaspoon Fresh chopped Thyme
- 3/4 cup grated Machego Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- splashes Water
- Finely chop shallot.
- Remove fresh thyme from stalks and chop.
- Grate desired amount of cheese.
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat then add butter.
- Once butter has melted add shallots and cook to carmelize, watching them closely.
- Break eggs into a small bowl, add thyme and water and wisk until well mixed and frothy, add to pan.
- As eggs cook, use a spatula to stir eggs in pan exposing more egg to pan surface.
- When eggs are no longer liquid, add grated cheese to eggs and fold in, adding fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Portion to plates when eggs have attained your desired level of doneness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.