Author Notes: There are so many ways to make this, but I find that this exceedingly simple one is the way to go. The flavors are wonderful. just love this in the summertime! - mdm
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2-3 dashes salt
- 3-5 tablespoons milk
- 4 (or so) tablespoons fish roe
- Chop the cauliflower, cover with water, add salt, boil until soft.
- Drain the cauliflower, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water. Purée with the water. like to leave some chunks.
- Return to stove, add minced parsley and milk to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Let soup return to room temperature or chill. Garnish with a healthy spoonful of fish roe in each bowl. There are so many other delicious things to use as garnish -- grilled shrimp, for example - and I actually love to eat this soup room temperature or chilled.