If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Green coriander is the seed of the cilantro plant before it dries, turns brown and becomes just plain coriander. I started using it a few years ago after reading somewhere the Shakers were big on it. I really liked it from the get go because I think it is a burst of sunshine on the palate. It is a real nice mix between cilantro and coriander. If you can't find it don't fret the pasta is still great either way. - thirschfeld - thirschfeld
Food52 Review: This is a fine dish. The cottage cheese picks up a heartier texture with the heat, the shallots provide a sweet balance, and the squash gives it a healthful glow. But I disagree with thirschfeld’s assertion that this recipe can be served without green coriander—happening upon one of these little wonders in a mouthful of pasta is like having an earthy, limey Pop-rock explosion on your tongue. - cheese1227 - The Editors
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup cooked chicken meat, shredded, preferably a mix of thigh and breast
- 3 cups zucchini, small dice
- 1/2 cup shallots, julienned
- 8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon green coriander
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place a 12 inch saute pan over high heat. Add the pasta to the boiling water pot and cook it according to the directions on the box. About 10 minutes.
- Add the butter to the saute pan. Add the shallot and zucchini. The zucchini should just start to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and a 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain it and put it back in the pasta pot. Add the cottage cheese, cilantro and the zucchini mix. Toss, taste and season if necessary.
- Put it in a big serving bowl and top it with the green coriander, black pepper, and more cilantro. Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe