Author Notes: My first curry exploration, turned into a delicious one :) - Nicole Franzen
- 2 bunches of organic spinach
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 container of yoghurt
- 1 lime
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 white onion
- 1 piece of ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 1 package of Nan
- For the Curry - Chop onion, garlic and ginger into small pieces. Heat a medium size saute pan on medium to low heat. Add a touch of olive oil and add your chopped ingredients. Add 2 tablespoons of curry powder and mix thoroughly. Saute till tender, then add your spinach and chickpeas. Saute till spinach is wilted, follow with one cup of coconut milk and a teaspoon of salt.
- For the Rice - In a medium saucepan add 2 cups water to 1 cup jasmine rice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover for about 20 minutes.
- For the Yoghurt - Add 2 cups of yoghurt to a small bowl and the juice of one lime. A pinch of salt and mix well.
- For the Garlic Nan - I bought this lovely pre-made nan bread from the store. I chopped an extra clove of garlic, then drizzled the nan with a touch of olive oil and the garlic. Bake for about 7-10 minutes at 350 degrees until slightly brown and crispy.
- To Assemble - Place a portion of rice in the bowl, then add a nice amount of the curry mixture. Spoon the yoghurt on top. Cut the garlic nan into wedges and place inside. Cilantro would be a great addition. So yummy.