If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My first curry exploration, turned into a delicious one :) - Nicole Franzen
- 2 bunches of organic spinach
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 container of yoghurt
- 1 lime
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 white onion
- 1 piece of ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 1 package of Nan
- For the Curry - Chop onion, garlic and ginger into small pieces. Heat a medium size saute pan on medium to low heat. Add a touch of olive oil and add your chopped ingredients. Add 2 tablespoons of curry powder and mix thoroughly. Saute till tender, then add your spinach and chickpeas. Saute till spinach is wilted, follow with one cup of coconut milk and a teaspoon of salt.
- For the Rice - In a medium saucepan add 2 cups water to 1 cup jasmine rice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover for about 20 minutes.
- For the Yoghurt - Add 2 cups of yoghurt to a small bowl and the juice of one lime. A pinch of salt and mix well.
- For the Garlic Nan - I bought this lovely pre-made nan bread from the store. I chopped an extra clove of garlic, then drizzled the nan with a touch of olive oil and the garlic. Bake for about 7-10 minutes at 350 degrees until slightly brown and crispy.
- To Assemble - Place a portion of rice in the bowl, then add a nice amount of the curry mixture. Spoon the yoghurt on top. Cut the garlic nan into wedges and place inside. Cilantro would be a great addition. So yummy.
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.