If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an old recipe my former mother-in-law used to make for family gatherings and holidays. It is a simple recipe with readily available ingredients. Nothing fancy but everyone asks for the recipe when I take it to a church dinner or a pot luck. I hope you enjoy it too. - rhondahoffman
- 3 cups squash, sliced, cooked and drained
- 1 Medium onion, chopped, cooked with the squash
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the squash and onion together in a small amount of water until squash is tender. Drain and set aside.
- Add the cheese and butter to the hot squash. Allow to melt while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Beat the eggs slightly and add to the milk to combine. Add to squash mixture.
- Add the crushed saltines and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a greased 9 X 13 baking dish. Bake 45 minutes or until edges brown and center is set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.