If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has been handed down through 3 generations in my family. The original recipe is not gluten free, but because I have Celiac's Disease I have changed it to be gluten free. —BlessedChef
- 1 pound Favorite Sausage (Gluten Free)
- 1 Large Zucchini Squash or (2 medium)
- 1 packet Stuffing Mix (Gluten Free or Homemade)
- 1 Large Onion (Vidalia or White)
- 28 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- Cut zucchini in half and dig out the meat with a spoon. You will be creating zucchini boats for the stuffing mixture. Do not over scrape. Just dig out enough of the middle for a boat shape. Save the zucchini meat for the stuffing mixture.
- Place the zucchini skin side down in the baking dish.
- While waiting for oven, in a medium skillet, cook the onion and sausage. Drain any excess fat off. Make the stuffing mix according to the package. After stuffing is prepared, place in a bowl with sausage, onion, zucchini meat together
- Put the stuffing mixture over the zucchini in the baking dish. Pour the diced tomatoes over the stuffed zucchini mixture and cover with foil.
- Cook dish for a total of 45 minutes. Halfway through baking, remove dish and cover the zucchini mixture with the feta cheese. Put back in oven uncovered to cook the balance of the way and melt the cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.