Author Notes: This salad has great savory/sweet flavors. I really like enjoying it with a hearty, toasted multi grain baguette (topped with a bit of parm). The light dressing really brings out the flavor of the fresh veggies. - Mariya
- 1, 6 oz zucchini
- 3/4 cups sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 packed cup fresh arugula
- 1 Granny Smith apple-peeled and diced small
- 1.5 ounces red onion-thinly sliced
- 3 ounces brie cheese-cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 heaping tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 heaping tablespoons toasted walnuts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper-to taste
- 3 tablespoons the best olive oil you can get your hands on
- Trim the ends of the zucchini and cut it in half; using a mandoline, thinly slice the zucchini halves; stack the zucchini slices on top of each other and thinly cut them lengthwise.
- Pour vinegar and Grand Marnier into a small sauce pan; reduce, over medium-low heat, until the mixture thickens (and reduces by a bit more than half).
- Lay arugula into a salad bowl and add apples.
- Top with zucchini, red onion, cheese, cranberries, walnuts, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the sherry vinegar reduction and olive oil over the salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe