If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make these yummy, warm, and moist biscuits as a side to any meal. I like to experiment with various cheeses here and have tried parmesan, havarti, and gouda. The biscuits are great to use as sandwich bread too (try ham, apples, watercress, and a tangy spread). - Mariya
Serves 11 biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces zucchini-shredded on the small holes of a box grater (~1/2 cup + 1 T)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plain, lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, salt, baking powder, paprika, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Squeeze as much liquid as you can from the zucchini and add it, along with the cheese, yogurt, and milk to the flour mixture; stir very well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter (~1/4 cup each) onto the baking tray, leaving 1 inch between each.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown, firm on top and soft inside, approximately 25 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Take Some Time For Yourself
Indulge in a luxe dinner tonight.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Grilled Brie Sandwiches
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Dumplings, No Recipe Required