If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Both scallops and yellow squash are sweet and delicate so they make a perfect pair. The sea scallops are tender, sweet morsels, both succulent and savory, with a caramelized golden crusty top and bottom. A light coating of lemony cream sauce enhances the flavors of the scallops and yellow squash not overpowering them. I like to serve the delicate dish with fluffy couscous. This simple recipe has a very nice balance. —Kiss the Cook
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut thin pieces
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 10-ounce package of whole wheat couscous, prepared according to box directions
- Sprinkle sea scallops with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper on both sides. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops to the skillet. Sauté until golden and caramelized, and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the scallops to a bowl and cover with aluminum foil. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the scallions, and yellow squash to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with the scallops. Add the chicken stock, cream, lemon juice, and zest to the skillet and simmer for 4 minutes or until thickened slightly. Add the scallops, yellow squash, and any juices from the bowl and cook until just heated through.
- Pour seared scallops and yellow squash with lemon cream over fork-fluffed whole wheat couscous and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Get Fired Up
A weekend cookout menu and playlist
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Small spaces don't have to feel small.
We've got the summer blues.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.