If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Mexican food and love to try mixing all sorts of ingredients with traditional spanish spices and see what I can make. This recipe turned out delicious! - Amy31
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 packet cornbread stuffing
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups jasmine rice, [after cooked]
- 1/4 head green cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 16 oz can sliced stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Mix first 4 ingredients together. Let sit while oven preheats to 400 degrees F.
- Once oven is heated, shaped mixture into approx. 24 meatballs. Bake about 20-22 minutes or until they are no longer pink in center. While meatballs cook, cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bell peper & onion. Sautee until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and salt & pepper. Stir, then add squash, cabbage, cilantro and stir until just heated through and combined, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add tomatoes and water. Simmer 15 minutes over low heat.
- Cover plates in thin layer of rice. Surround rice with 6 meatballs per plate. Cover rice with stew mix and drizzle with accumulated juices. Top with avocado and chopped cilantro, if desired. Enjoy hot!
Paying Tribute to Josh Ozersky
A man, his sandwich, and his words.
Remembering Josh Ozersky
A really not-sad desk lunch.
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Sweet, ripened stone fruit.