If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I developed for the National Chicken Council. As delicious as they are pretty, these wraps are a cinch to make and are always a crowd-pleaser. They are one of the most popular orders I get at TigerLily, my catering company. If you don’t have time to poach the chicken breasts, use shredded leftover chicken or purchase a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. - Rhonda35
Serves 4 people
- 2 bone-in breast halves, about 1 pound
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup corn, cut off the cob or frozen, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 cups arugula, about half of a 5-oz pkg
- 1 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 3 small scallions, white and green parts, lightly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 12-inch spinach or whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped into chiffonade
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped into chiffonade
- Place chicken breast halves in a large saucepan, along with the onion and bay leaf. Just barely cover the chicken with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and gently simmer partially covered for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cover completely and let chicken cool in the broth. Remove chicken, discard skin and pull meat from the bones. Shred meat and place in a bowl with the corn and red pepper.
- While chicken cooks, combine arugula, parsley, basil, anchovy, scallions and garlic in a food processor. Pulse to chop well. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper and process mixture until smooth.
- Combine the aioli with chicken, corn and red pepper. Toss well. Check and adjust seasonings.
- To assemble wraps, spread a quarter of the chicken mixture on each tortilla, leaving a ½-inch border. Sprinkle ¼ c romaine lettuce chiffonade, 1/4 c arugula and a pinch of the basil chiffonade over each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas, secure with a pick and cut each sandwich in half, diagonally. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil