Author Notes: How original. A basil competition and I'm submitting a pesto recipe. This is not your typical pesto. I call it Pretty Green Pesto for two reasons. First, the color is stunning. It’s not the typical grainy looking pesto; it’s smooth and beautiful. Secondly, Pretty Green is one of my favorite songs. This pesto is perfect for summer. - MySocialChef
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 bunch or 1 Cup Fresh Basil
- 10 pieces Fresh Mint
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Boil a pot of water and the frozen peas and cook for 3 minutes or until the peas are warmed through. Strain them and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. In a pan, add the pine nuts and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. You just want to toast them until they turn a light brown. Keep stirring. Once most of them have some color, pour them into a bowl. Don’t leave them in the pan; they will keep cooking and burn. Add the oil first to a blender and add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Make your spaghetti as directed, strain and add about 3/4 a cup of pesto. Do not cook the sauce.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil