If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How original. A basil competition and I'm submitting a pesto recipe. This is not your typical pesto. I call it Pretty Green Pesto for two reasons. First, the color is stunning. It’s not the typical grainy looking pesto; it’s smooth and beautiful. Secondly, Pretty Green is one of my favorite songs. This pesto is perfect for summer. - MySocialChef
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 bunch or 1 Cup Fresh Basil
- 10 pieces Fresh Mint
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Boil a pot of water and the frozen peas and cook for 3 minutes or until the peas are warmed through. Strain them and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. In a pan, add the pine nuts and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. You just want to toast them until they turn a light brown. Keep stirring. Once most of them have some color, pour them into a bowl. Don’t leave them in the pan; they will keep cooking and burn. Add the oil first to a blender and add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Make your spaghetti as directed, strain and add about 3/4 a cup of pesto. Do not cook the sauce.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil