Author Notes: I love the combination love-tomato but in this recipe decided to bring the pine nuts out of the pesto and used them as a separate ingredient. Love the crunchiness they add to the pasta. - mattamouros
- 1 pound farfalle
- 8 ounces cherry tomato
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with salt until al dente and set aside.
- Put the basil, parmesan, olive oil and peeled garlic clove in the blender and mix until you have a puree.
- Wash and slice in half the tomatoes. Slightly toast the pine nuts in a skillet (it should only take a couple of minutes and be careful because they can burn pretty quick!).
- In a large bowl mix the pasta with the pesto, adjust the salt and top with the tomatoes and toasted nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil