Author Notes: This is a version I adapted from a deli; I served it @ our July 4th bbq, and everyone wanted the recipe! - RelentLes
Serves 4 - 8
- 1 cup Quinoa
- One Coarsely chopped or sliced red onion
- 1 small container feta cheese
- One 8 oz. jar pitted Kalamata olives
- One 14 oz. jar artichokes hearts in water (or 2 small jars marinated). Chop coarsely.
- One handfuls Chopped fresh parsley (any type works fine)
- One to two cups Halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cups Homemade Lemon Basil vinaigrette
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. One cup will serve 4 people; double for 8.
- I use chicken broth for the liquid
- After quinoa is cooked to "fork fluffiness," transfer to a bowl to cool to room temperature.
- I use a basic French vinaigrette and add lemon zest & fresh chopped basil: (Sorry, I just put it together by sight to taste in a jar; thus all of the ? marks!): Olive oil – ½ cup (?) Red wine vinegar - ¼ Cup (?), Fresh lemon juice – 2 -3 tablespoons (?), Salt & pepper – fresh ground, 1 clove fresh pressed garlic, ¼ teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 2 tablespoons Fresh finely chopped basil, Shake well before use. You will obviously need more dressing for the larger size salad.
- Mix all of the ingredients to the quinoa after it has reached room temp. This salad is so yummy and it seems like you can eat a ton of it and not get full!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil