If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe my mother dreamed up and starting making. I've kept some of her basics in place but added a few touches such as infusing the olive oil with garlic and including lemon zest in the breading. If you have a well established rosemary plant within reach, a great touch is to clip large woody branches and use those in place of metal or bamboo skewers. - Tony S
- 2 cups packed flat leaf parsley
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/4 to 1/3 cups olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2-3 cups bread crumbs
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges for serving (from zested lemon)
- Place garlic and olive oil in a cold pan and place over low heat. Once garlic starts to bubble, remove pan from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cool, remove garlic and discard. Reserve oil.
- Chop parsley and basil
- Mix parsley, basil, bread crumbs, lemon zest, oil, salt and pepper in a large ziplock bag.
- Take half of shrimp and add to ziplock bag with bread crumb mixture. Press the breadcrumbs firmly into the shrimp to ensure the mixture adheres to the surface. remove shrimp and skewer. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Once all shrimp are skewered, place in refrigerator for an hour to allow breading to stick.
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Grill shrimp, turning only once. About 2-4 minutes per side until the shrimp are cooked through and the bread crumbs are browned.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.