If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Minimal is one of my favorite words on a hot summer day. That is when I pluck a few heirloom tomatoes from my garden and mix them with fresh basil also right out of the garden. The sun ripened tomatoes plucked out of their garden nests taste like they have continued ripening for maximum flavor . The basil, the only herb used, adds the starring flavor burst. Together they smell and taste like summer! - themissingingredient
- 3 or 4 whole, sun ripened tomatoes
- 1 large handful of fresh basil...your favorite
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Squish the tomatoes with your bare hands to make a rough sauce base.
- Hand tear the basil leaves and add to the tomatoes.
- Add the olive oil.
- Toss in a pinch of sea salt.
- Mix everything together with your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the sun for at least 3 hours.
- Serve over pasta, or grilled bread. Sometimes I just eat it out of the bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil