Author Notes: A spindly bargain plant purchased for 79 cents, my golden nasturtium now blooms with bravado. Basil and peppery nasturtium leaves and silky blossoms combine for an eye and taste-pleasing salad. - cookwithsusan
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup nasturtium leaves
- 7 cups baby salad greens
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 ripe plums, seeded, and quartered
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 12 Nasturtium blossoms
- 1/3 (+ 2 tablespoons) cup Lemon vinaigrette
- Place basil, nasturtium leaves, and salad greens in a large bowl. Sprinkle salt over salad mix. Pour 1/3 cup vinaigrette over salad, gently tossing.
- Divide salad between 4 salad plates, top with plum quarters and pecans. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salads. Top each plate with 3 nasturtium blossoms.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil