Author Notes: My mom and I came up with this as a way to use the large harvest of basil from her backyard garden and take advantage of the fresh, sweet Jersey corn we have in the summer. - jaimec
- 9-inch frozen pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cup fresh corn, removed from cobs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil cut into chiffonade, plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- Thaw the pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half. Stir in corn, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie crust and bake 35-40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with extra chopped basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil