If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom and I came up with this as a way to use the large harvest of basil from her backyard garden and take advantage of the fresh, sweet Jersey corn we have in the summer. —jaimec
- 9-inch frozen pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn, removed from cobs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil cut into chiffonade, plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- Thaw the pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half. Stir in corn, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie crust and bake 35-40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with extra chopped basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.