If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom and I came up with this as a way to use the large harvest of basil from her backyard garden and take advantage of the fresh, sweet Jersey corn we have in the summer. —jaimec
- 9-inch frozen pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn, removed from cobs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil cut into chiffonade, plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- Thaw the pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half. Stir in corn, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie crust and bake 35-40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with extra chopped basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.