If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love creamy salads without the cream. And this is one I make every year when the tomatoes in our garden are just ripening and the basil is fresh and warm from the sun.... Note: If you don't have the fresh herbs, you can substitute dried. - coffeefoodwritergirl
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 a red onion (or about 4 chopped green onions)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (sheep or cow's)
- 3 avocados
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinager
- 2 tablespoons e.v. olive oil
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 8 large basil leaves -- chopped
- small handful fresh oregano -- chopped
- Slice avocados into about 1/4 inch cubes. Set in bowl. Chop tomatoes a little bigger. Put in bowl as well. Chop red onion -- add to bowl. Mix with olive oil, basil, red wine vinegar, fresh oregano and salt and pepper. Stir all together until avocado, olive oil and feta mix together to create a nice creamy consistency around the tomatoes.
- Let sit for five to ten minutes and then serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.